Posing can be one’s worst nightmare, but it does not need to be. With just a couple of tips and tricks up your sleeve, you will soon grow to love the posing process. In this article, I will explain how you can master the art of female poses.
Whether you are a photographer or a female model, these tips will help you show up to your next session with a lot of confidence.
The best trick that you can have in your camera bag is preparation which comes in two forms:
- Research female poses and prepare a shot list.
- Pin a few ideas into an Inspiration folder on your mobile phone, which can be accessed anytime should you need a creative boost.
- Talk her through your ideas for the shoot as well as the location, to remove any feelings of anxiety.
- As the shoot begins, communicate with your female model and build a relaxed relationship with her.
- During the whole shoot process, chat, compliment, make jokes to keep the air light and keep the model relaxed.
List of Female Poses
The advantage to photographing female models, regardless of their body shape, is the mere fact that there are many poses which can be used. The 20 ideas below will provide you with many options during your next photo shoot.
1. Standing Poses (Straight On) with No Props
- One knee must be bent and the entire leg leaning almost over the other leg to create an “S” shape.
- For an easier option, have the female model cross her one leg over the other to create a sleek shape.
- The placement of arms must allow for light to move between her body and arms, which will accentuate her waist.
- Watch her posture so that her shoulders are not slumped.
- If the model is feeling self-conscious, demonstrate the pose yourself and make the environment a relaxed one.
- Create different shapes with the body.